2 soft brown sugar cookies are sandwiched with a browned butter buttercream. A truly indulgent cookie!
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups (4 sticks) butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 6 tablespoons milk
To make the cookies:
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter together. Add in the egg yolks and the flour and mix well. Turn out onto a piece of plastic wrap and wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough out to 1/4″ thick. Cut the cookies with a round cookie cutter. (If the dough is soft, refrigerate until firmed up.) Place the cookies 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until slightly golden. Cool completely on the baking sheet.
To make the frosting:
- Place the butter in a medium saucepan and place over medium heat. Stirring often, cook until brown flecks appear. Take off the heat.
- Add the vanilla and confectioners’ sugar to the butter and whisk to combine. Whisk in the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until creamy and smooth.
- Using an offset spatula or butter knife, frost the underside of 1 cookie and top with another cookie to make a sandwich. Repeat with the rest of the cookies.
- Cookies will keep in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days.
- Recipe from The Treats Truck Baking Book