A delicious way to fancy up a loaf of banana bread, this Banana Bread Recipe is a moist, delicious banana bread that is covered in a sweet caramel icing.
For the Banana Bread:
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large mashed, very ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
For the Caramel Icing:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
Make the banana bread:
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Prepare a 9×5-inch loaf pan by spraying it generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the mashed bananas and milk and mix with a hand mixer for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and mix just until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and cook until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Cool completely, then remove the bread from the baking pan.
Make the caramel icing:
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, then add the brown sugar. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the cream and the powdered sugar until no lumps remain.
- Immediately pour the icing over the loaf of banana bread.
- It sets up very quickly, so you must pour quickly.
*you can also use a stand mixer. Or mix by hand, but it will take longer than the 2 minutes to completely mix the batter.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 28 g
- Sodium: 126 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 33 mg
Keywords: banana bread recipe, caramel icing