A classic apple crisp recipe gets a make over with lots of caramel sauce. This Caramel Apple Crisp is the perfect fall treat! Serve with ice cream for an extra decadent treat.
- 8 cups peeled and sliced tart apples
- 33 caramels, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Heat the oven to 375ºF. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Place the apples in the baking dish.
- In a saucepan, combine 25 of the caramels with 2 tablespoons of the milk. Melt over medium-low heat until smooth, then pour evenly over the apples.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Using a pastry cutter or fork, cut the butter into the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the mixture over the apples.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the topping is browned, 35-45 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, combine the remaining 8 caramels with the remaining 2 teaspoons of milk. Cook in the microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring often, until the caramel is melted and smooth. Drizzle the caramel over the crisp.
- Serve with ice cream, if desired.
Adapted from Taste of Home Church Supper Desserts
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Calories: 430
- Sugar: 50 g
- Sodium: 40 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 11 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 75 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 31 mg