This easy, yet impressive looking Apple Bundt Cake with Caramel Frosting is perfect to serve to holiday guests. Don’t skip the caramel frosting – it totally makes this cake!
Apple Bundt Cake:
- 1 full-size package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.4-oz) package white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 3 apples, peeled and diced (I had about 3 cups of diced apples)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar*
- PREP: Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan. Alternately, spray with baking spray (not nonstick cooking spray).
- MIX: In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs and apple sauce. Beat with a hand mixer for 2 minutes. Fold in the apples.
- BAKE: Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan. Bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- COOL: Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool for 10-20 minutes, then turn out to cool completely.
- FROSTING: Once cool, make the frosting. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, brown sugar, salt and whipping cream. Cook, stirring constantly, until the butter melts and the mixture comes to a boil. Allow the mixture to boil for one minute, then remove from the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes. Gradually whisk in the powdered sugar until smooth. Immediately pour the icing over the cake and allow it to sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.
*I would sift the powdered sugar to avoid any clumps in the icing.
recipe from Christmas Desserts by Laura Powell
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 341
- Sugar: 42 g
- Sodium: 483 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 57 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 81 mg
Keywords: apple bundt cake, caramel frosting