Perfect for a game day appetizer or meal, these Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls have crisp outer shells that are filled with chicken, hot sauce, blue cheese, and slaw.
- Vegetable oil, for frying (or other neutral high temperature oil)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (I use Frank’s Red Hot Wing Sauce)
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup broccoli slaw (dry)
- 6 egg roll wrappers
- Blue cheese dressing, for serving
- Fill a heavy skillet with about 1 inch of oil. Set over medium heat and heat to 350ºF.
- While the oil is heating up, make your egg rolls. In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, hot sauce, blue cheese, and broccoli slaw.
- Lay one egg roll wrapper on your work surface. Place about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture across the middle of the wrapper, going point to point. (See the photos in the post above for reference.)
- To fold, fold the bottom corner over the filling. Fold in the right and left corners – it should now look like an envelope. Roll the wrapper, but leave the top corner open. Dip your finger in a small bowl of water and wet the corner of the wrapper. Fold the corner over the egg roll. The water will help seal the wrapper to itself.
- Repeat with the remaining rolls.
- Once the oil is hot, place the rolls in the oil in a single layer. Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes, then turn over and cook another minute or two until the other side is brown. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Serve warm with blue cheese dressing for dipping.
The original recipe here had only 1 cup of chicken and a cup of blue cheese instead of 3/4 cup. It also made 12 egg rolls. These proportions have been changed and updated.
The original recipe was also baked instead of fried. If you’d like to bake the egg rolls, spray them with nonstick cooking spray and bake at 400ºF for 12-15 minutes.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide. The nutritional value for the frying oil is based on a retention of 1/4 cup after cooking. Cooking time and temperature can cause this number to change.
- Serving Size: 1 egg roll
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 1164 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 39 mg
Keywords: buffalo chicken egg rolls, buffalo chicken rolls, buffalo egg rolls