Better than boxed and almost just as easy, these Homemade Brownies are everything you want them to be – soft, moist, and full of chocolate flavor. It’s the only brownie recipe you’ll need!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line a 9×13-inch pan with parchment paper, or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, butter and water. Place over medium heat and cook until the butter is melted and the mixture starts to boil. Remove from the heat and add 3 cups of the chocolate chips (reserving the last 1/2 cup) and stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and stir to combine. Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake until the brownies are set, about 25 minutes. Do not over-bake.
- Let the brownies cool, then cut into squares.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 27 g
- Sodium: 79 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 36 mg
Keywords: Homemade brownies, brownie recipe, fudgy brownies