This Brown Sugar Glazed Ham is a simple yet delicious addition to any holiday table. Sweet, savory, and a little bit tangy, you won’t believe how easy this ham glaze is!
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (around 10 lbs)*
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Place the ham in a roasting pan, flat side down.
- Using a sharp knife, score the surface of the ham in a diamond pattern, making the cuts about 1/4-inch deep.
- Cover the pan with foil and set a time for about 12 minutes per pound of ham. (So for a 10 pound ham, it would be 2 hours).
- About halfway through the cook time, prepare the glaze by combining the brown sugar, honey, vinegar and mustard in a bowl. Remove the ham from the oven and spread about 1/3 of the glaze over the top of the ham. Recover and return to the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- After 10-15 minutes, use another 1/3 of the glaze to baste the ham.
- Another 10-15 minutes later, spread the remaining glaze over the ham. At this point, I like to baste the ham with any juices that have accumulated in the pan.
- Cook until the ham reaches 140ºF. If desired, when the ham is done, remove the foil and broil for a minute or two to crisp up the glaze.
*I prefer a ham that has not been spiral cut, but they are a lot harder to find. A spiral cut ham will work just fine, they just tend to dry out easier. Make sure to keep the ham covered with foil while baking to ensure a moist ham.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide.
- Serving Size: about 1/3 pound
- Calories: 429
- Sugar: 27 g
- Sodium: 1913 mg
- Fat: 26 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 22 g
- Cholesterol: 70 mg
Keywords: Brown sugar glaze, brown sugar glaze for ham, brown sugar ham, ham glaze