My version of the Brioche French Toast from Disneyland, this Brioche French Toast with Salted Caramel and Bananas is pillowy soft, perfectly sweet, and completely crave worthy. You can have all of the flavor at home!
- 1 loaf (16 oz) brioche, cubed into 1-inch cubes
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 bananas
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9×13-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray or grease with butter.
- Place the cubed brioche in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish.
- Place the eggs in a large bowl and whisk lightly. Add the milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt and whisk to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top of the cubed bread. Use your hands to press the bread down lightly to make sure it is all soaked with the milk and egg mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until it is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- To make the caramel, place the sugar in a pot and place the pot over medium heat. Gently pour the water into the pan, making sure not to splash the sugar up onto the sides of the pan. Cook, without stirring, until the sugar has melted and become an amber color, 10-12 minutes.
- Warm the cream slightly. When the sugar mixture has turned an amber color, slowly whisk the cream in and continue to whisk until fully combined.
- Remove the pan from the stove and add the butter and the salt. Whisk until the butter has melted.
- To serve, cut a slice of the French toast casserole and place sliced bananas on top. Drizzle with the salted caramel sauce.
The salted caramel sauce will start to thicken up quite a bit the cooler it gets. You’ll want to make sure to serve it when it is warm. If it does get too thick, just gently reheat it to get it back to a pourable consistency.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Calories: 566
- Sugar: 56 g
- Sodium: 150 mg
- Fat: 22 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 86 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 127 mg
Keywords: Brioche French Toast