Breakfast made easy – these Breakfast Pigs in a Blanket will be a hit with kids and adults! Breakfast sausages are wrapped in crescent rolls in these delicious breakfast bites.
- 8 breakfast sausage links
- 1 can (8 oz) crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cook the sausages according to the package direction; set aside.
- Open the crescent rolls and separate into triangles. Brush the maple syrup over the surface of the crescent rolls. Place one sausage on the wide end of each crescent triangle, roll up and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg with a splash of water. Brush the tops of the crescents with the egg wash. (You don’t need to use it all, just enough to cover the tops of the dough.) Sprinkle with the poppy seeds.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Serve with more maple syrup, for dipping.
slightly adapted from Every Day with Rachael Ray March 2014
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 pig in a blanket
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 415 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 38 mg
Keywords: pigs in a blanket