Pancakes and sausage in one! These Breakfast Meatballs are a creative breakfast recipe or make a great breakfast side dish.
- 2 lbs. breakfast sausage*
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 1 egg
- 4 (4” each) pancakes, cut into cubes
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage, 1/4 cup syrup and egg.
- Add in the pancakes, and mix just until combined.
- Form into tablespoon sized balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- Bake into the preheated oven until cooked through, 22-25 minutes.
- Serve meatballs with extra syrup for drizzling, if desired.
*You’ll want to use the breakfast sausage that comes in a tube, not sausage links.
recipe source: Budget Gourmet Mom
- Serving Size: 2 meatballs
- Calories: 129
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 203 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 28 mg
Keywords: sausage meatballs, breakfast meatballs, breakfast side dishes, breakfast recipes