A little bit spicy and a little bit cool, these Bold Ranch Spicy Chicken Tacos have it all! Cool off from the spiciness of the chicken with the ranch taco shells. The creamy avocado sauce adds the perfect finish!
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package Old El Paso Hot and Spicy Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 package Old El Paso BOLD Ranch Stand ’n Stuff Taco Shells
- desired toppings – shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, Old El Paso pickled jalapeño slices
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Combine the yogurt, avocado, lime and chipotle chile powder in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until needed.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Heat the tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink and cooked through. Stir in 2/3 cup water and the taco seasoning and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes, until thickened.
- Bake the taco shells for 5-6 minutes, or until warmed and crisp.
- To serve, add some of the chicken mixture to each taco shell. Top with your desired toppings, then drizzle with the creamy avocado sauce.