These Blueberry Cream Cheese Pastries have puff pastry that is topped with sweetened cream cheese and a blueberry mixture for a perfectly decadent breakfast treat.
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup blueberry preserves
- 1 package (17.3 oz) frozen puff pastry sheets (2 sheets), thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugar, lemon juice and vanilla and beat until combined. In another small bowl, combine the blueberries and the blueberry preserves.
- Lightly flour a work surface and roll out each of the sheets of puff pastry to about a 10-inch square. Cut each piece into 6 rectangles, (12 rectangles total), about 5”x3 1/2” each. Transfer the rectangles to the prepared baking sheets.
- Using a fork, prick the centers of the rectangles of puff pastry, leaving a 1/2” border unpriced around the edges. Mix together the egg and the water and brush over each of the rectangles.
- Take a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture and place it in the center of each rectangle of puff pastry, distributing equally among the pieces. Spread over the rectangle, leaving a 1/2” border. Top each with a spoonful of the blueberry mixture, spreading it evenly over the cream cheese layer.
- Bake the pastries for 15-18 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts.
- Serving Size: 1 pastry
- Calories: 295
- Sugar: 16 g
- Sodium: 220 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 37 mg