Baked donuts made with fresh blueberries and cherries.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup cherries, halved and pitted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3–4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Spray a donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together the sugar, yogurt, eggs, vanilla, melted butter and vegetable oil. Stir in the flour mixture. Fold in the blueberries and cherries.
- Fill the donut pan about 2/3 full with the batter. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- When the donuts are cool, prepare the glaze: In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, almond extract and 3 tablespoons of the milk. Whisk together. (add more milk as needed to make the right consistency.) Dip the top of each donut into the glaze and return to the cooling rack for the glaze to set up and dry.