Gravy not required! These rich mashed potatoes are filled with blue cheese and herbs and topped with brown butter walnuts.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary
- 2 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 oz blue cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped Diamond Walnuts
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender. Drain and return to the pot.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the butter to the potatoes, as well as the milk, rosemary, parsley, salt and pepper. Mash with a potato masher until desired consistency. Crumble in about 3/4 of the blue cheese and mix to combine.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in a small skillet. Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the butter turns a golden brown, 6-8 minutes. Add in the walnuts and cook for an additional minute, making sure the butter doesn’t burn.
- Transfer the mashed potatoes to a serving bowl. Pour the butter and walnut mixture over the top of the potatoes. Crumble the remaining blue cheese over the top.