Want homemade bread on the table tonight? It doesn’t get much easier than this Focaccia Bread! This bread can be done in 2 hours, with very little hands on time, making it doable any night of the week!
- 1 1/2 cups (340g) warm water
- 5 tablespoons (63g) extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling on top, divided
- 3 1/2 cups (420g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon (9g) instant yeast
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- additional dried herbs, for sprinkling
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the water, 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt, flour, yeast, garlic powder, dried parsley, basil, thyme, sage and dill. Beat for 60 seconds.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil in the bottom of a 9×13” baking dish.
- Scoop the sticky batter into the baking dish. Use a spatula (or your fingers) to push the dough to the sides of the pan. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and allow the dough to rise in a warm spot until it is puffy, about 60 minutes.
- While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Gently poke the top of the dough with your finger to make indents. Drizzle the top lightly with olive oil, and sprinkle with additional dried herbs or coarse salt, if desired.
- Bake the bread until it is golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes before turning it out onto a rack. Serve the bread warm or at room temperature.
Adapted from King Arthur Flour
SUBSTITUTIONS: You can get creative with the herbs. The herbs can be put in the dough, on top as it bakes, or both! The dried herb mixture can be substituted with 3 teaspoons of herbs of your choice. Bread flour can be used instead of all-purpose flour.
FREEZE: This baked bread can be frozen for layer. Make sure to wait until it has cooled, then wrap it tightly and store for up to 2 months.
STORE: I like to store the leftovers in a ziplock bag or another airtight container.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 194 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: focaccia, focaccia bread