You can make your own fancy soda at home!! This Blackberry Lime Soda is sweet and sour and tart and refreshing – perfect for an afternoon treat!
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 pint (about 2 cups) fresh blackberries
- 1 lime
- seltzer water or club soda
- Combine the water, sugar and blackberries in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Simmer until the blackberries have broken down and the mixture is syrupy, 15-20 minutes.
- Strain the mixture, pressing on the solids to release all of the liquids. Stir the juice of 1 lime into the liquid. Refrigerate until cold and ready to use.
- For each drink, combine 2-4 tablespoons of the syrup with 1 cup cold seltzer water or club soda. Mix, and then add ice. Serve.
recipe source: Food Network Magazine June 2015