Perfect for a special occasion, there’s no better way to celebrate than with these Funfetti Pancakes! These cake flavored pancakes are filled with sprinkles and then topped with more sprinkles and a delicious frosting.
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups funfetti cake mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2–4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Sprinkles (optional)
- In a bowl (or a large liquid measuring cup), whisk together the milk, vegetable oil and the egg yolks.
- Place the egg whites in another bowl and using a hand mixer (or whisking vigorously by hand) whisk until the whites can hold stiff peaks.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cake mix, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and stir together.
- Add about 1/4 of the egg whites to the batter and stir in until very few white streaks remain. This will lighten up the batter. Add the remaining egg whites and fold them gently into the batter.
- Heat a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray (or coat with butter).
- Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter onto the hot griddle and cook until the batter has bubbled and the bottom has browned. Flip the pancake and cook until the second side is browned and the pancake is cooked through. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- To make the frosting, place the butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until the butter is melted.
- Add the powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons of the cream and the vanilla to the butter. Whisk to combine. Add more cream as needed to make the frosting a pourable consistency.
- Serve the frosting over the pancakes with sprinkles, if desired.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 725
- Sugar: 60 g
- Sodium: 852 mg
- Fat: 33 g
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 14 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 102 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 130 mg
Keywords: funfetti pancakes, birthday cake pancakes