Perfect for Mother’s Day or any other special occasion, these French Toast Cups take your typical French Toast to a new level! Filled with sweetened berries, this is a breakfast that tastes and good as it looks!
- 12 slices sandwich bread
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Dash of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 pint fresh berries
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Powdered sugar and maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using one slice of bread at a time, cut a slit in each slice from one order to the center of the bread. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish, slightly beat the eggs. Add the cream, cinnamon, almond extract and nutmeg and whisk to combine.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture quickly, then turn to coat the second side. (Do not let it soak!) Press the slice into one of the prepared cups, overlapping where you cut the slit to make a cup. Repeat with the remaining slices of bread.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and cooked through, 14-16 minutes.
- While the cups are baking, combine the berries and the sugar in a bowl and let sit.
- When the cups are cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for a couple of minutes. Remove from the muffin tin.
- Fill each cup with berries to serve. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and drizzle with maple syrup, if desired.
adapted from The Rachael Ray Show
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide. Nutrition information does not include powdered sugar or maple syrup.
- Serving Size: 1 cup with berries
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 220 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 73 mg
Keywords: french toast cups, breakfast, brunch, french toast, french toast muffin cups