You can’t beat a classic, and this Monkey Bread Recipe is made from scratch and oh, so good!! Don’t skip the cinnamon glaze – you’ll be licking it from your fingers!
- 3 1/4– 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 packet rapid rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 5–6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Combine 2 cups of the flour, the sugar, dry yeast and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and stir to combine. Combine the milk, water and butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high in 15 second increments until it is very warm, but not hot, 120º to 130ºF. The butter will not melt completely. Add the liquid to the bowl with the flour mixture along with the egg.
- Beat the mixture for 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Add one more cup of the flour, and beat for an additional 2 minutes on high speed. Add just enough of the flour to the dough so that it will form into a ball.
- Lightly flour a surface and knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. The dough should spring back when lightly touched with 2 fingers. Cover the dough with a towel and let it rise for 10 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, combine the cinnamon and sugar for the filling.
- Spray a fluted tube pan (bundt pan) generously with cooking spray.
- Cut the dough into 36 pieces and roll into balls. Dip each of the pieces in the butter, then roll in the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place in the prepared pan. Drizzle any remaining butter and cinnamon/sugar over the rolls. Cover the pan with a towel and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375º. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the rolls are golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then invert onto a serving platter.
- For the glaze, combine the powdered sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add the cream 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency. Drizzle the glaze over the warm bread.
Adapted from Fleishmann’s® breadworld.com
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1/10 of recipe
- Calories: 456
- Sugar: 39 g
- Sodium: 255 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 11 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 69 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 68 mg
Keywords: monkey bread recipe