Looking to change up taco night? This Taco Skillet is easily made in one pan and is on the table in 30 minutes. It’s a dinner the whole family will love.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 poblano chile, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 cups roughly crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings, such as diced tomatoes, lime wedges, cilantro, sour cream, etc (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and pepper and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the Chile powder, smoked paprika and salt and pepper to taste. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute, stirring the whole time.
- Add the ground beef and continue to cook, breaking up the ground beef as it cooks. Cook until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Stir in the tomato and cook for an additional minute. Stir the tortilla chips into the mixture.
- Turn the heat off and top with the cheese. Immediately place a lid on the skillet and let it sit for a minute or two until the cheese is melted.
- Serve topped with your favorite taco toppings.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide. Nutrition information does not include toppings.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 469
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 497 mg
- Fat: 32 g
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 33 g
- Cholesterol: 104 mg
Keywords: taco skillet, 30 minute meal, easy dinner