This version of baked spaghetti is sure to tempt your taste buds. Filled with ground beef, spaghetti and a creamy blue cheese sauce, it’s definitely not your normal baked spaghetti!
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken or beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente. Drain and reserve.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, breaking it up as it cooks. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove the beef to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in the same skillet. Add the onion and cook until it starts to soften, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle in the garlic powder. Add the flour and cook for another 2 minutes. Slowly stir in the broth, and bring to a boil. Add the cream and the blue cheese, return to a boil, then let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine the blue cheese sauce, cooked beef and cooked spaghetti noodles. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake until it is hot and bubbly, 15-20 minutes. Garnish with the chives and serve hot.
Adapted from the side of a box of Kroger spaghetti