Make Mexican night special by smothering beef and bean burritos with a delicious green chile sauce.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (16 oz) can Old El Paso® Traditional refried beans
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
Green Chile Sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 oz) can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso® chopped green chiles, undrained
- shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes, for serving
- Cook the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat until no longer pink, breaking up as it cooks. When it is almost done, add the cumin, chili powder, coriander, salt and pepper. When completely cooked, stir in the refried beans and water. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the flour and whisk together. Cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth. Let it come to a bubble and cook, stirring often, until it starts to thicken. Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream and green chiles.
- Assemble the burritos: Working with one tortilla at a time, spread 1/6 of the beef mixture down the center of the tortilla. Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of the cheese over the beef. Fold in two ends of the tortilla, then roll into a burrito. Place the burrito on a plate and spoon some of the Green Chile Sauce over the burrito. Add 2 more tablespoons of the cheese over the top. Top with shredded lettuce and diced tomato.