A copycat of the California Pizza Kitchen pizza, this BBQ Chicken Pizza is sure to be a crowd pleaser made at home!
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon warm water (105 – 115 degrees F)
- 3/4 teaspoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast half, cut into bite sized pieces.
- 1/2 cup Bullseye Original bbq sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Gouda cheese (smoked, if you can find it)
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
To make the crust:
- Start one day before you plan on making the pizza. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the water, yeast and sugar. Let sit for 5 minutes, until the yeast starts to foam. Add in the flour, salt and olive oil and mix until the dough comes together. Knead for 10 minutes. Place the dough in a greased bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover and let rise for 2 hours. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator one to two hours before you make the pizza to let it come to room temperature.
To make the pizza:
- Place the chicken in a bowl with 1/4 cup of the bbq sauce. Cover and let marinate for 2 hours.
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat the oven to 450-500F for 30 minutes.
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat and cook the chicken until it is cooked through and no longer pink, 7-8 minutes. Set aside.
- Sprinkle a surface with cornmeal and roll the pizza dough out into a circle 10-inches in diameter. Spread the remaining 1/4 cup bbq sauce on the dough. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese and all of the gouda over the bbq sauce. Top with the chicken, then the red onion and the remaining mozzarella. Transfer the pizza to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Top with the cilantro.
source: Top Secret Restaurant Recipes