BBQ chicken is combined with a creamy, blue cheese sauce and served with penne pasta for a quick and easy pasta dish.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup prepared bbq sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and put back in the pan.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine the paprika, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown and cooked all the way through.
- Add the BBQ sauce and hot sauce to the chicken and cook for 1 minute. Remove the chicken and any sauce and add to the pasta, stirring to coat.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add in the onion and celery and cook until soft.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, blue cheese dressing and milk. Add to the skillet with the vegetables. Heat until warmed thorough, then add to the pasta pan. Stir to coat. Sprinkle with blue cheese and serve.