Soft banana cookies are filled with chocolate chips. These Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect use for overripe bananas.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Grease cookie sheets and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the four, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Add the eggs. Beat in the vanilla and mashed bananas. Stir in the dry ingredients until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until starting to brown on the edges.