Flank steak is marinated in a mixture of balsamic vinegar, mustard and spices and then grilled to perfection in this Balsamic Grilled Flank Steak.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (1 1/2-lb) beef flank steak
- coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, olive oil, onion powder and garlic powder in a large resealable zip-top bag. Add the flank steak and seal the bag. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours, turning the bag over several times during the marinating time.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and discard the remaining marinade. Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill on high for 10-15 minutes.
- Grill the steak to your desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium rare (depending on your grill).
- Let the steak rest for 5-10 minutes, then against the grain and serve immediately.
*total time does not include marinating time.
recipe source: Lighten Up, Y’all: Classic Southern Recipes made Healthy and Wholesome by Virginia Willis
- Calories: 166
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: .7g
- Protein: 22g