Flank steak is marinated in a mixture of balsamic vinegar, mustard and spices and then grilled to perfection in this Balsamic Grilled Flank Steak.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (1 1/2-lb) beef flank steak
- coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, olive oil, onion powder and garlic powder in a large resealable zip-top bag. Add the flank steak and seal the bag. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours, turning the bag over several times during the marinating time.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and discard the remaining marinade. Season the steak with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill on high for 10-15 minutes.
- Grill the steak to your desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium rare (depending on your grill).
- Let the steak rest for 5-10 minutes, then against the grain and serve immediately.
recipe source: Lighten Up, Y’all: Classic Southern Recipes made Healthy and Wholesome by Virginia Willis
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 233
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 200 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 22 g
- Cholesterol: 60 mg
Keywords: grilled flank steak, balsamic grilled flank steak