This Baked Ravioli recipe takes frozen ravioli and combines it with a homemade pasta sauce and lots of cheese. It’s super easy and super filling!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can (28-oz) whole tomatoes
- 1 can (28-oz) fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 lbs frozen cheese ravioli
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Chopped parsley or basil, for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds then season with salt and pepper.
- Add the whole tomatoes and the crushed tomatoes. Season with the oregano and thyme.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, breaking up the tomatoes as it cooks. Cook until the sauce is thickened and reduced, about 20-25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the ravioli and cook according to the package directions. Drain and return to the pot.
- When the sauce is thickened, taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and gently toss to combine.
- Pour the pasta and sauce into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with both cheeses.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and golden, about 20 minutes.
- Let the pasta sit for a few minutes before serving. Top with chopped parsley or basil, if desired.
Adapted from Everyday Food: Great Food Fast
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 478
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 1349 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Saturated Fat: 9 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 49 g
- Fiber: 31 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Cholesterol: 46 mg
Keywords: baked ravioli