These Baked Pumpkin Donuts are filled with lots of warm spices and pumpkin flavor, then topped with a delicious maple cinnamon glaze that will make you wish it was always pumpkin season!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, store bought or homemade
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Prepare a donut pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, and ginger. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together the pumpkin, brown sugar, and butter. Add in the eggs and mix well, then mix in the milk and the vanilla.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Place the batter in a large ziplock bag. Cut off the corner and pipe the batter into the donut pan.*
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the middle of one of the donuts comes out clean or with only a few moist crumbs, about 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, let rest for 5 minutes, the turn the pan over to remove the donuts and allow them to cool on a wire rack until completely cooled.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, maple extract, and cinnamon. You want it to thin enough so that you can dip the donuts, so if needed, add a little bit more milk.
- When the donuts are cool, dip them in the glaze. Return to the wire rack to allow the glaze to set.
*If you only have one donut pan, you can cook half of the batter, then wait for the pan to cool before baking the second half of the batter. If you have 2 pans, you can bake them all at the same time.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide.
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 26 g
- Sodium: 201 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 43 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 41 mg
Keywords: pumpkin donuts, baked pumpkin donuts, baked donuts