A simple baked potato soup recipe, perfect for a cold night.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14.5oz) can chicken broth
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 2 large or 3 medium baking potatoes, baked or microwaved
- cooked and crumbled bacon, for serving
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender. Stir in the flour. Gradually whisk in the broth and the evaporated milk.
- Scoop the potato pulp from one of the cooked potatoes; mash. Add the pulp to the broth mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, just until mixture comes to a boil. Dice the remaining potatoes (with skins) and add to soup. Heat through. Season with salt and pepper. Top each serving with crumbled bacon.
adapted from meals.com