Taco seasoned chicken and refried beans make up the filling in this Chicken Quesadilla recipe that is family friendly and filling.
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 3/4 cup water
- 2–4 teaspoons taco seasoning (depending on preference)
- 1 can (16 oz) refried beans
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Vegetable oil
- Combine chicken, water and taco seasoning in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer (uncovered) for 15 minutes. Stir in retried beans.
- Spread approximately 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture over half of each tortilla. Layer cheese, green onions and cilantro evenly over the chicken mixture. Fold each tortilla in half.
- In a large skillet, heat a small amount of vegetable oil over medium-high heat until hot. Quickly fry each quesadilla until slightly crisp, turning once. Cut each quesadilla into quarters.
Adapted from The Great American Brand Name Cookbook
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1 quesadilla
- Calories: 359
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 864 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 44 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 21 g
- Cholesterol: 52 mg
Keywords: easy chicken quesadilla, easy quesadilla recipe, chicken quesadilla