Filled with sausage, beans and veggies, these Easy Enchiladas are easy enough for a weeknight. This recipe is full of flavor and mild enough for the whole family.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian pork sausage
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (14.5 oz) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 (6-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey-Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9×13” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage, bell pepper and onion and cook, stirring frequently and breaking up the sausage. Cook until the sausage is browned and the vegetables are soft, 6-8 minutes. Add the chili powder and cumin and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes, black beans, and pinto beans. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spread about 1/3 of the can of enchilada sauce over the bottom of the baking dish. Place a tortilla in the dish and spoon some of the filling down the center of the tortilla. Roll up and push to the side of the dish. (The outside of the tortilla will now be coated in the sauce.) Continue with the remaining tortillas and filling, rolling the enchiladas in the sauce as the dish gets fuller.
- Pour the remaining sauce evenly over the top of the rolled enchiladas. Top with the cheese. Bake until the enchiladas are heated through and the cheese is melted, 30-35 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
adapted from Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Calories: 442
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 1221 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 48 g
- Fiber: 10 g
- Protein: 20 g
- Cholesterol: 53 mg
Keywords: Easy Enchiladas