Comforting and delicious, this Baked Spaghetti is perfect for potlucks or Sunday dinner. Spaghetti noodles are combined with a meaty sauce and lots of cheese and baked to perfection.
- 12 oz dry spaghetti noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt generously, then add the spaghetti noodles. Cook until al dente, then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it up as it cooks. Remove from the pan.
- In the same pan, melt the tablespoon of butter. Add the onion, bell pepper and mushrooms and cook until all of the vegetables are softened. Add the tomatoes (with the liquid), oregano and salt. Stir in the ground beef. Bring to a bubble, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place the cooked spaghetti into a large bowl. Stir in the ricotta, sour cream and eggs.
- Pour half of the noodle mixture into the baking dish. Top with one half of the meat sauce. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella over the top. Repeat the layers with the rest of the noodles, sauce and mozzarella.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes, or until the cheese is all melted and the sauce is bubbling.
- Let the baked spaghetti sit for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 502
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 511 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Saturated Fat: 13 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 32 g
- Cholesterol: 125 mg
Keywords: baked spaghetti