Coleslaw does not have to be boring, and this Bacon Blue Cheese Coleslaw proves that!! Crunchy cabbage, salty bacon and bold blue cheese bring this coleslaw to a new level.
- 3 slices center cut bacon
- 1 small head cabbage (about 2 lbs)
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- Cut the bacon into pieces. Fry in a skillet until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate. Reserve the bacon drippings.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, reserve bacon drippings, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, celery salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Cut the cabbage into quarters, then slice into thin strips. Add the cabbage and the carrots to the bowl with the dressing and toss to combine. Stir in the bacon and the blue cheese.
- Chill for at least 4-8 hours before serving for best results.
adapted from The Duluth Grill Cookbook 2