Dinner in under 30 minutes! These Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are your solution for an easy chicken dinner that packs a punch of flavor.
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, whites and greens, chopped
- 1 large head of lettuce, leaves separated
- In a small bowl, combine the water, hoisin, and soy sauce.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil and the chicken and cook, breaking up the chicken as it cooks, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the carrot and the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the garlic and the green onion whites and cook an additional minute. Stir in the hoisin mixture and continue to cook until the sauce thickens, another 1-2 minutes.
- To serve, place some of the mixture in a lettuce leaf and top with some of the green onion greens.
recipe source: Every Day with Rachael Ray January/February 2014
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should only be used as a general guideline.
- Calories: 298
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 545 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 22 g
- Cholesterol: 86 mg
Keywords: chicken lettuce wraps