Dinner in under 30 minutes! These Chicken Lettuce Wraps are your solution for an easy chicken dinner that packs a punch of flavor.
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, whites and greens, chopped
- 1 large head of lettuce, leaves separated
- In a small bowl, combine the water, hoisin, and soy sauce.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil and the chicken and cook, breaking up the chicken as it cooks, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the carrot and the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then add the garlic and the green onion whites and cook an additional minute.
- Stir in the hoisin mixture and continue to cook until the sauce thickens, another 1-2 minutes.
- To serve, place some of the mixture in a lettuce leaf and top with some of the green onion greens.
recipe source: Every Day with Rachael Ray January/February 2014
SUBSTITUTIONS: You can use ground beef or ground pork instead of ground chicken.
The carrots can be substituted with another vegetable of your choice. I would choose something with a little crunch, like red bell pepper, but mushrooms would be delicious, as well.
FREEZE: You could make extra filling and freeze for later. If reheating on the stove, you will most likely need to add some additional liquid, or the filling may be dry.
STORE: Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition information provided as an estimate only. Various brands and products can change the counts. Any nutritional information should be used as a general guide. Additional toppings are not calculated.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 309
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 539 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 22 g
- Cholesterol: 85 mg
Keywords: chicken lettuce wraps, lettuce wraps, chicken lettuce wraps recipe