Perfect for breakfast or brunch, this Artichoke Spinach Quiche Pizza combines two of my favorites – quiche and pizza – and makes a delicious and unexpected dish.
- 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleishmann’s® Pizza Crust Yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120º to 130ºF)
- 3 tablespoons oil (I used vegetable)
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Sweet Basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Spice Islands® Fine Grind Black Pepper
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2–3 green onions, sliced diagonally
- Place an oven rack at the lowest position. Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Heat the 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the artichoke hearts and cook for 1 minute, until heated through. Add the spinach and cook until wilted, 1-2 more minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine 1 cup of the flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt. Add the warm water and oil and mix until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Continue to add flour just until the dough comes together. It should still be slightly sticky. Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes.
- Grease a 12-inch cast iron skillet. Roll the dough into a 14-inch circle and transfer to the skillet, pressing 1 inch up the sides of the skillet.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cream, basil, salt, pepper, and cheese. Stir in the reserved artichokes and spinach. Pour the mixture into the skillet. Top with the green onions.
- Bake on the lowest rack until the eggs are set and the crust is browned, 20-25 minutes.
adapted from Breadworld.com
Keywords: quiche pizza