The perfect, no-fuss fall dessert, this Apple Cinnamon Sheet Cake is moist and full of apple flavor with the perfect amount of cinnamon.
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups peeled, chopped apples
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with the Crisco No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- COMBINE Crisco shortening with buttermilk in a saucepan and heat until the Crisco shortening melts.
- COMBINE flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add eggs, sour cream, vanilla and beat just until combined. Slowly beat in the buttermilk mixture, beating just until combined.
- Fold in the apples.
- POUR batter into the prepared baking dish.
- BAKE until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Cool completely.
- BEAT cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Slowly add in the powdered sugar until combined. Add the cinnamon and beat the frosting for a minute or two, until light and smooth.
- FROST the cooled cake with the frosting.
This cake tastes great the day after it was made.