You would think that one of these days, I’ll get tired of making mufins. That I’ll choose a favorite or two and stick with them.
Well, that’s just not going to happen.
I love muffins. Honestly, I’d try a new recipe every day and probably not get sick of making them. While some people may think of muffins as boring, I think they are anything but. So I hope you all don’t get sick of them – because I’m never going to quit!
These muffins were another creation using the new Yoplait Lactose-Free yogurt line. I love using yogurt in muffins – I think it gives them a great texture, and helps to keep them really moist. If you are lactose free, this is a great breakfast choice that you can have without worry!
These muffins have a great apple flavor, and you can never go wrong with cinnamon. And top anything with a crumb topping and I know I’ll love it. These muffins make a perfect breakfast, or a great pick-me-up snack later in the day. If you are a muffin fanatic like me, this recipe needs to go on your “must-try” list!
Looking for more free recipes?
These lactose-free muffins get lots of flavor from fresh apples and cinnamon, and stay nice and moist from lactose-free yogurt. The perfect on the go breakfast!
For the muffins:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 6-ounce container Yoplait® Lactose Free Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped apples
For the crumb topping:
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 12 muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, egg and vegetable oil. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir just until combined. Fold in the apples.
- In a small bowl, make the crumb topping. Combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Add the shortening, and using a fork or a pastry cutter, cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Divide the muffin mixture between the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle with the crumb topping.
- Bake muffins for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
**Disclosure – this is a sponsored post, but all opinions are my own. **