Nothing says fall like apples! These pancakes are infused with apple cider, and then covered in a sweet and delicious caramel apple syrup for the perfect fall breakfast.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 containers (5.3 oz each) Yoplait Greek Blended Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 eggs, separated
Caramel Apple Syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup apple cider*
- 1 cup brown sugar
To make the pancakes:
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the yogurt, cider and egg yolks. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Add 1/4 of the egg whites into the pancake batter and stir in to lighten up the mixture. Add in the remaining whites and fold in, just until combined.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray or melt a small amount of butter on the griddle. Pour batter by 1/4-cupfuls onto the hot griddle. Cook until browned, then flip and cook on the second side.
To make the syrup:
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Add in the apple cider, then stir in the brown sugar. Cook, whisking until it comes to a boil. Boil for one minute, whisking constantly. Serve warm.
*Using less cider will result in a thicker syrup, but using more cider will result in a smoother syrup.