An easy and versatile marinara sauce that is done in under 30 minutes. A great base for many other recipes!
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4–6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (28-oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, crushed
- 1–2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Stir in the tomato paste and cook until fragrant, 30-60 seconds. Add in the undrained tomatoes and the basil and simmer for 10-15 minutes, crushing the tomatoes as it cooks. Add the sugar, if needed, and then season with salt.
- If desired, process until smooth, or keep chunky.