Load it up! These Tex-Mex Bratwurst Boats are filled will all kinds of goodness and are easy to eat because they are served up in a tortilla boat instead of on a bun!
I am a hot dog lover. Or a grill lover. While I love a good hot dog with ketchup, mustard and a little bit of diced onion, I think it’s even more fun to get creative with the toppings. And usually, I fall in the camp of the more toppings the better.
The only drawback to this, though, is that it can get messy. So messy, in fact, that often, more of the toppings end up on my plate than on my hot dog. There’s just not a lot of room on there, and not a way to keep it all in.
But I have the perfect solution. Old El Paso Taco Boats. The dogs fit in perfectly, and leave the perfect amount of space for toppings. And the topping stay in the little boat and don’t fall out all over your plate and clothes!!
For this version, I decided to change things up and go with bratwurst, because I love the bold flavor paired with all of the Tex-Mex toppings. And did you know that Old El Paso now has a whole wheat taco boat? I have been trying to switch to whole wheat wherever I can, and I love that Old El Paso now makes that easier!
I used all of my favorite Tex-Mex toppings, but you can switch things up and use your favorites. Salsa, cheese, crumbled queso fresco… use your imagination, and your taste buds will be happy!
- 16 oz package of bratwursts
- 5 Old El Paso Whole Wheat Taco Boats
- 2 ears of corn, roasted and kernels cut off (or about 1½ cups roasted corn kernels)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pit removed and diced
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup minced cilantro
- 1 fresh jalapeño, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Mexican Crema
- Heat a grill to medium heat. Grill the bratwurst until cooked thoroughly, about 20 minutes, flipping often.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 325ºF. Remove the Taco Boats from the package and wrap in foil. Place in the oven to heat for 7-10 minutes.
- To assemble the boats, place a bratwurst in each of the boats. Top with corn, avocado, red onion, cilantro and jalapeño slices. Drizzle Mexican Crema over the top and serve immediately.
Don’t miss a thing! Follow me on Pinterest to see what I’m pinning!
I am in a working relationship with Old El Paso, and this post has been sponsored by Old El Paso. Thank you for supporting me and the companies I partner with.