Perfect for a brunch buffet or a breakfast on the go, this Southwestern Ranch Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Bread is hearty and full of flavor.
If you are a regular around here, you already know that I have a little thing for breakfast foods. Granted, we don’t normally eat them for breakfast, but I am all about breakfast for dinner. Or brunch. Breakfast foods and I get to sleep in?? Yes, please!! (Although with a 5, 3 and 1 year old, I can’t even remember what sleeping in is!!)
But you get me, right? Breakfast foods are the best. And while I will never turn away pancakes or muffins or even a quiche or breakfast casserole, I thought I’d change this up today with a hearty, filling, chock full of goodness breakfast bread. I know this is not your typical breakfast fare, but once you try it, you won’t be able to get enough of it.
There’s a secret ingredient in there, too. Seasoning is a cinch with the Fiesta Ranch Dip Mix from Hidden Valley Ranch. And here you thought you could only make a dip with the mix, right? Well, it makes the perfect southwestern seasoning for this bread!!
This bread would be perfect for a brunch buffet, but honestly – it’s great just on it’s own. You can’t go wrong with a bread packed full of sausage, cheese, green chiles and lots of southwestern ranch flavor. All of my favorite things rolled into one!
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Fiesta Ranch Dip Mix
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 12 oz bulk breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 4 oz shredded Mozzarella
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chiles
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and dip mix.
- In another bowl, mix together the melted butter, eggs, yogurt and buttermilk. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Fold in the cooked sausage, cheese and green chiles. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
From dressings and dips to sandwich spreads and side dish solutions, the special blend of herbs and spices makes Hidden Valley the perfect addition to any recipe. For more delectable ranch recipes, visit www.hiddenvalley.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley Ranch. The opinions and text are all mine.