2 soft brown sugar cookies are sandwiched with a browned butter buttercream. A truly indulgent cookie!
This is going to be a fun week. I didn’t plan it out this way, but I’ve ended up with lots of goodies to giveaway, so this week is going to be giveaway week! I’ve got giveaways today through Thursday, and I might just throw in a giveaway on Friday and Saturday – just to round the week off. It is the holidays, after all!!
Up first – my friends at McCormick have teamed up with Kim Ima, the author of The Treats Truck Baking Book. If you are looking for some ideas for some holiday baking this year, this is a must have book. In fact, it’s a baking book that you’ll want for year round baking!
I couldn’t pass up these cookies the minute I saw them in this book. A brown sugar soft cookie sandwich with a browned butter frosting – this one screamed out to me! I would probably make them a bit smaller next time, because these cookies are super sweet, but I did love the soft texture of the cookies and of course, I loved the browned butter! I also think they would be great with a sprinkle of salt to balance out a bit of the sweetness. There are so many cookies, cakes and brownie recipes in this cookbook that I can’t wait to try out!
Want to win a copy of The Treats Truck Baking Book by Kim Ima? Thanks to McCormick, I have a cookbook, along with some cinnamon, ginger and peppermint extract to give to one of you!
Here’s how you can enter:
Mandatory: Comment below and let me know your favorite holiday cookie.
Want extra chances to win?
Note: for any of the extra entries, make sure you leave a separate comment for each.
*This giveaway is open to US residents.
*This giveaway will be open from today until
Monday, December 11th Tuesday, December 12th at midnight MST. The winner will be emailed on December 12th December 13th, 2011.
- 1½ cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups (4 sticks) butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 cups flour
- ½ cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter together. Add in the egg yolks and the flour and mix well. Turn out onto a piece of plastic wrap and wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough out to ¼" thick. Cut the cookies with a round cookie cutter. (If the dough is soft, refrigerate until firmed up.) Place the cookies 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until slightly golden. Cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Place the butter in a medium saucepan and place over medium heat. Stirring often, cook until brown flecks appear. Take off the heat.
- Add the vanilla and confectioners' sugar to the butter and whisk to combine. Whisk in the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until creamy and smooth.
- Using an offset spatula or butter knife, frost the underside of 1 cookie and top with another cookie to make a sandwich. Repeat with the rest of the cookies.
- Cookies will keep in an airtight container for 3 to 5 days.
- Recipe from The Treats Truck Baking Book